Things to Know
When is the 2016 Annual Dallas Dr. Martin Luther
King Jr. Parade?
Monday, January 18, 2016 at 10am CST
How long does the parade last?
Approximately 2 hours, 30 minutes
What time should I arrive to get a good spot to
watch the parade?
We advise you to get to the parade early to get a good viewing space along Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. Some begin arriving around 9am.
Are folding chairs permitted at the parade?
Are there restrooms available?
Yes, there will be portable restrooms located along the entire parade route for use by spectators.
Parade Rules and Regulations
- Throwing any item onto the Parade route will not be permitted.
- No items may be sold along the Parade route unless from Parade pre-approved vendors.
- Vehicles obstructing emergency lanes and the Parade route will be towed.
- Walking the street during the Parade is will not be permitted.
- Items not permitted along the Parade route include: weapons, poles, glass bottles and any item that may become a projectile , cause injury or interfere with the Parade or spectators' enjoyment of the Parade.
- Please leave noise makers at home because they can scare the animals in the Parade.